When I shared pictures of the newly painted cabinets I didn’t show any full shots of the kitchen because I gotten gray cabinet paint on the red walls, knowing that the red was going to be painted over. I was able to do all of the painting (two coats) in one long evening/night and I’m really glad to have it looking more finished. We’ll be replacing the counters and installing backsplash so initially I was tempted to wait to paint until that was done, but I think it made more sense this way. Plus it makes me smile every time I look in the kitchen now – I hardly recognize it! 🙂
I realize that the color looks different in each picture, but it’s the same way in real life. At some points in the day the green looks like it belongs in a nursery, and other times it looks more sage. It’s kind of quirky but I’m happy with it!
As a quick recap, here’s what we’ve done since I posted about our kitchen plans:
1) Transformed the canvases to the left of the pantry into memo boards.
3) Installed the knobs and drawer pulls that we bought at Ikea.
4) Painted the walls with Benjamin Moore’s Sherwood Green.
Still left to do:
1. Install Ikea butcherblock countertop. We had to order the counters online but they still cost significantly less than anywhere locally. My sister and brother-in-law are going to install the countertops but I’ll help as much as I can!
2. Install laminate wood flooring. Again, this is actually my sister and brother-in-law. We know our limitations! 😉
3. Install backsplash.
4. Get a new trash can. I still can’t believe this is still not done….
5. Redo the chalkboard paint on the pantry.
6. Reorganize the cabinets and redo the contact paper.
What do y’all think? Should we add something between the top cabinets and the ceiling? I don’t want it to look cluttered so I’m enjoying the simplicity right now.
I’m linking up with Carrie This Home, Your Home Based Mom, By Stephanie Lynn, Inspire Me Monday, Cupcakes and Crinoline, A Bowl Full of Lemons, Home Stories A to Z, The Party Bunch, Link Party Palooza, Natasha in Oz, DIY Show Off, and It’s Overflowing.